Reporting to Devmont’s VP of Development, the Director Development is responsible for managing the full land development lifecycle, starting from land re-zoning to site preparation and servicing, ready to be handed over to the construction side of the company. He/she will lead the approvals process through all levels of government, develop project schedules and budgets, and ensure timely delivery. This role requires excellent cross-functional collaboration with Devmont’s sales, marketing, financing and construction teams, as well as proactive problem-solving and effective management skills. With a focus on aligning with organizational objectives the Director Development is a strong leader that has the ability to organize and oversee all stakeholders and effectively manage project plans, present initiatives to senior leaders and ensure the project goals are successfully met or exceeded.
- Zoning Approval Process Management:
- Manage land development process.
- Lead the zoning approval process through all levels of municipal echelons by retaining and managing multi-disciplinary consulting teams, to maximize land potential.
- Direct and oversee feasibility studies and presentation packages.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders, such as regulatory agencies, municipalities, members of the public, etc.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and obtain all necessary permits and approvals.
- Track and oversee full project schedules to ensure milestones and timelines are being met.
- Maintain a proactive and solution-oriented approach to effectively manage/mitigate risks.
Project Planning and Execution:
- Direct and oversee consulting team to design optimized and cost-effective buildings that meet constructability objectives.
- Work closely with contractors and vendors to ensure best-practice and cost-effective solutions are implemented during building design.
- Monitor project progress, identify risks and issues, and implement appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Develop project schedules and budgets in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Work closely with the construction team to ensure a seamless transition from land development to the building construction phase.
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impact project timelines, budgets, or quality.
- Deliver appropriate and effective executive-level communication.
At times you may be involved in Land Acquisition Due Diligence:
- Conduct aspects of due diligence assessments on potential land acquisitions.
- Evaluate planning entitlements, environmental factors, servicing and all other relevant aspects that may affect property development and timing.
- Provide recommendations and present findings to senior management for decision-making.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- 10+ years experience in a similar role.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Urban Land Development or related field.
- Proven project management in land development.
- Strong construction knowledge.
- Detailed understanding of all aspects and disciplines within land development and construction
- Experience managing and successfully executing a project scope of over $50 M.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage project schedules and budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong leadership capabilities and the ability to manage cross-functional teams.
- Proactive problem-solving skills with the ability to anticipate issues and implement effective solutions.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in project management software and tools.
What you can expect from us
- Supportive team and leadership staff
- Flexible work schedule
- Great offices and cheerful work environment
- Casual dress attire
- Fun company events
- Volunteer opportunities
- Competitive Benefits package